Wednesday, September 26, 2007

An unseasonably warm evening...


She said:

So I'm sitting on the back porch (aka the scary wooden fire escape structure behind my apartment) as I write this post, and I cannot emphasize enough how unusual it is to be sitting outside in San Francisco at 10 pm at night with a short sleeve shirt on. Today was absolutely beautiful and for once the fog or persistent SF wind hasn't kicked up so we're continuing to enjoy the warmth into the evening. It's a wonderful feeling to sit outside listening to the night noises of the city - the cars, the faint voices of a party a few houses down, and even a few birds who have obviously become confused with the weather and think it must be morning.

Tonight I went out for a few drinks with my old friend Matthew and new friend Charlie. The topic of conversation was of course Joey's and mine eminent departure as well as Matthew and Charlie's upcoming December trip to Buenos Aires. Charlie has lived in BA and continues to travel there regularly, so he was entertaining Matthew and I with stories of the nightlife in BA and the surrounding coastal towns and mountain escapes. The three of us were getting unbelievably excited at the thought of spending the holidays in the sun on a beach surrounded by beautiful Latinos. Ok - so they were slightly more excited by the Latin women who are supermodel quality and distinguish themselves by only wearing the most minimal swimwear (aka thongs) on the beach but whatever. His obvious excitement of returning to a place that he's been gave me even more of a sense of what is in store for us in the future.

So I'm ending my evening by being simultaneously excited at the glamor of the South American parties to come and tranquil surrounded by the simple serenity of a warm evening at my home in SF.

Up next: how I need to get into bikini shape STAT or face international humiliation on the fantastic beaches of Argentina.