She said:
As I sit in front of my laptop, enjoying what I'm sure will be one of my last lazy Sunday afternoons in San Francisco, I'm confronted with the daunting challenge of catching everyone up on the transgressions of my life in the last two months. What has led myself and my lovely other half Joey (to be hereby referred to as Joey, Joe, J, him, muchacho, etc.) to pack up our lives and the dog and move from the San Francisco Bay Area to Buenos Aires, Argentina. As I like like lists, and tend to find them quite efficient, why don't I take a shot at summarizing how it all came to be.
1. Boy and Girl are friends for two years
2. Boy and Girl begin dating and fall in love (and anyone who knows us knows that the simplicity of that statement in comparison with real life events is laughable)
3. Boy and Girl are both motivated, career-minded professionals who are relatively consumed by jobs in the political and public relations industries. Girl and boy are busy but happy - motivated! Moving up the chain! Headed upwards to prestige, respect, and of course larger salaries and 401k's!
4. Both Boy and Girl lose jobs suddenly and unexpectedly within 5 weeks of each other (uncanny to say the least)
5. Boy and Girl make decision to take a leap of faith and move abroad in order to pursue higher education, knowledge of a new language and culture, and elevate status from "knowledgeable 20-somethings" to "global badasses".
So here we are! Exactly 71 days until D-Day. As the time gets closer, the busier and crazier things are going to get which is why I fear that lazy Sundays will soon be on the endangered species list.
Still, I do solemnly swear to remain committed to our new online project so that we can stay connected with our friends and loved ones, present our experience of moving abroad to those who may be thinking of doing the same, and generally entertain you and ourselves with what I'm sure will be quite the tale. Both J and I will author the posts, and if we can somehow train Madison to paw a few keys we'll try to include those too.
Up next: why being marginally employed and obsessed with saving for the move is SERIOUSLY hindering our ability to go out for sushi. What a rough life.